The indications for which a crown would be recommended by our clinicians include;
- Protect a weakened tooth which is likely to fracture
- Restore a tooth where a significant fracture has occurred
- Teeth with large fillings and little tooth structure remaining
- Provide added support and strength to a root canal treated tooth
- Placed over the top of an implant to provide the tooth replacement
- Address aesthetic concerns as they can improve appearance, shape and alignment of the teet
Crown placement generally takes place over a series of 2 appointments. The first appointment requires the tooth to be prepared and impressions taken for the crown construction. A temporary crown is then placed in the meantime while your crown is being made. The second appointment is when your new crown is placed adequate fit ensured.
Our Clinic uses a wide range of technology for our restorative dentistry, ensuring our patients receive the best possible treatment outcome.